Dr. Martin Jauregui
Dr. Martin Jauregui, a proud three-time graduate of the University of Southern California, has been with Student Athlete Academic Services since 2009. He began working in SAAS as a writing and geology tutor while completing his Masters of Education in Post-Secondary Administration and Student Affairs. Martin continued working in SAAS as an Assistant Learning Specialist while working on his Doctorate in Educational Leadership before being hired as a full-time staff member in 2013. In his role as a Learning Specialist, he focuses on providing writing-centered support and skills development for student athletes.
Prior to returning to Troy for graduate school, Martin worked as a middle school science teacher and as a high school football and basketball coach for 8 years. As a graduate student at USC, he held various positions across campus, including working with USC’s Program Board and Undergraduate Student Government, the Office of Student Life and Involvement, and the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs. In addition to his Masters and Doctorate degrees, Martin also earned his Bachelor’s Degree from USC. His professional interests are in the areas of college student development and engagement, curriculum design, and cross-cultural competency. Martin and his wife Yoli live in Los Angeles with their two dogs, Marley and Davis.
Fun Facts about Martin:
Why did you choose USC?
- I had the chance to visit campus when I was in 7th grade for USC Science Day and I was sold. I’ve been a Trojan ever since.
- I’ve gotta say Seabiscuit.
- “Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t.” – Jerry Rice
- C’mon now, of course it’s Miles Davis.
- This one’s a tie between The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao and Of Mice and Men.
- Shabu shabu. If you haven’t tried yet, you’re definitely missing out.
Office: (213) 821-6200