Dr. Kevin Bolen
Dr. Kevin Bolen started his position as a Learning Specialist at SAAS in 2012. In addition to this role, he serves as a liaison between Disability Services & Programs and the Athletic Department, and he guides student-athletes through the use of assistive technologies. From 1999-2012, Kevin was both a part-time and full-time employee at USC under the Center for Academic Support/Disability Services & Programs, aiding students with various disabilities. He also worked for six years with the Office for Residential Education as a Residence Coordinator. After earning a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology with a minor in Education from the University of California, Santa Cruz, Kevin moved to Los Angeles where he attended USC and received a Master’s Degree in Post-Secondary Administration & Student Affairs, as well as a Doctorate in Educational Leadership. Born and raised in Northern California, Kevin currently resides in the South Los Angeles area.
Fun Facts about Kevin:
Why did you choose USC?
– How can you say no to a school located in the city of Los Angeles with historic traditions, excellent academics and an amazing athletic program?
– I’d have to go with “The Usual Suspects.” Kevin Spacey has one of the best lines in movie history (which is similar to a statement written by Charles Baudelaire): “The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn’t exist.”
– Pizza…pasta…and pretty much anything fried
– “When someone shows you who they are…believe them.” – Bishop Darrell L. Bush
– My parents have had such a profound influence on my life…I really can’t put into words what they mean to me. It wasn’t until I got older that I truly appreciated their love, sacrifices, commitment and support. One thing I’ve learned over the years is that parents are never perfect…many just do the best they can with the tools they’ve been given. And I definitely love my parents for working so hard and giving all that they had to make sure their children were provided with opportunities that they themselves didn’t have.
Favorite Musical Performer
– Frankie Beverly & Maze, Anita Baker, George Benson, Poncho Sanchez and Herbie Hancock are all awesome to watch live.
– The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas and my Bible.
– I love music, sports, watching movies, helping others in need, working with the youth in my church and spending time with family and friends.
Fun fact about yourself
– I’ve got a scar on the top of my head that nobody in my family seems to know where it came from…if you have any information about this, please feel free to share.
Office: (213) 821-7389