Whitney Rotrock has been an academic counselor at USC since January 2011. She advises Men’s & Women’s Golf, and Men’s & Women’s Tennis. Whitney also directs the Personal Development program, serves as a co-advisor for the Trojan Athletic Senate, and oversees the scholarship textbook program.
Whitney came to USC from San Jose State University where she served 3 years as the Director of Student Services and nearly two years as the Student Services Coordinator. While at SJSU, Whitney oversaw various aspects of Compliance including Athletic Financial Aid and the National Letter of Intent program. In addition she coordinated all Student-Athlete Affairs programming and served as the advisor for SJSU’s Student Athlete Advisory Committee.
A native of Oregon City, Oregon, Whitney’s athletics career began at Oregon State University where she worked in the football academic office as a student assistant for four years, graduating with a Bachelor’s degree in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Education. She then spent two years as a graduate assistant at Oregon State splitting time in the Beaver Athletic Student Fund assisting with donor cultivation and event planning and in the Athletic Director’s Office completing special projects for the senior staff. In the spring of 2010 Whitney earned a Master’s Degree in Sports Management from San Jose State University, as well as completing the NCAA/NACWAA Institute for Administrative Advancement. Whitney was selected to serve as a facilitator for the 2010 NCAA Division I Regional Leadership Conference and the 2011 NCAA Leadership Forum.
Fun Facts about Whitney:
Why did you choose USC?
– To be part of the “Trojan Family” and have the opportunity to work with elite student-athletes and coaches
– The Parent Trap (original Haley Mills version!) & Remember the Titans.
– Hot Dogs! I have a Hot Diggity Dogger in my office.
– Never take someone for granted. Hold every person close to your heart because you might wake up one day and realize that you’ve lost a diamond while you were too busy collecting stones.
– My parents & Tina Fey
Favorite Musical Performer
– Mumford & Sons, Of Monsters and Men, Frank Sinatra, Coldplay, Sam Cooke, John Legend, Arcade Fire, Mat Kearney, Lady Antebellum, among many others!
– Harry Potter Series, Eat Pray Love, & Little Women
– Playing and watching sports (particularly tennis), traveling, camping, hiking, cooking & reading, spending time with friends and family
Fun random fact
– I grew up on a farm in Oregon and had a pet donkey!
Office: (213) 740-5098