Book Policies for Scholarship Athletes
When you receive your books, you will need to do the following.
- During the book distribution, each student-athlete reviews the books in his or her bag and checks off each book on the receipt. The student-athlete signs the receipt and Student-athlete’s original booklist to verify/acknowledge that he or she has received the correct books.
- Make sure your receipt from the bookstore contains only the names of the books in your box (you don’t want to be responsible for a book that was rung up on your receipt but not in your box).
- Student-Athlete will also sign a Book Form that explains SAAS book policies.
- If you need additional books that were not on your original booklist during the first book distribution you will need to provide a copy of your syllabus to either Whitney Rotrock or Kam Klaver. Whitney/Kam will confirm the additional books are required and create a book form for you to take to the bookstore to pick up your additional required books as stated on your syllabus.
- If a student-athlete’s course syllabi does not list books/supplies as “required” and yet the professor states they are required, the student-athlete must get a signed letter from the professor stating that the books/supplies are required for the course. The letter must be on official departmental letterhead. The student-athlete must bring the letter to the Compliance Office for approval.