Book Supplies FAQs
What can you buy with your athletics scholarship?
What to I need to bring to the Bookstore to get my books?
What if my course syllabus requires books or supplies that I have not received?
What if my course syllabus does not list books or supplies that the professor states are required?
What if I add a class or drop/withdraw from a class?
- You are permitted to purchase only books and supplies required for your courses.
- You may not receive “optional,” “recommended,” or “suggested” books or supplies.
- You may only receive one set of required books/supplies. If you lose them, you must replace them at your own expense.
All books are prepackaged for student-athletes and are distributed during a team meeting in the beginning of each term. Every student-athlete on book scholarship must sign a book form before each semester, including summer.
- Your USC student ID
- Hours: 8am – 4:30pm
- Go to SAAS with your syllabus and have a Book Request Form completed by Whitney. Take the Book Request Form to the Bookstore to get the book or supply.
- Go to the Customer Service Center on the 3rd Floor of the University Bookstore. You may only be assisted by Angelica Logan or Edward Cooper.
- Get a signed note from your professor stating that the books/supplies are required for the course. The note must be on official departmental letterhead.
- Take the note to the Compliance Office for approval. Once approved, take the note to Whitney Rotrock in SAAS. If the books/supplies are available at the Bookstore, you will be given a Book Request Form. If the materials are not available at the Bookstore, please contact Whitney Rotrock for approval to purchase elsewhere. You may then purchase the items and bring the receipt to Whitney with syllabus so you can be reimbursed.
- You must return the books immediately to SAAS. Do not return books to the Bookstore!
- If you added a class get the syllabus for the new class and bring it to Whitney for a Book Request Form.