- Athletes who receive scholarships of 78% to 100%
- They may receive the value of some portion of their scholarship in a stipend check.
Why are Stipend Checks Issued?
- Stipend checks are issued when the amount of your scholarship exceeds the charges on your bill from the Bursar?s Office.
- Be aware that you could still owe money to the University due to charges on your bill not covered by your scholarship.
- The amount of the stipend check varies and will depend upon factors such as meal plan, training table or housing.
What are other charges that may not be covered by the Stipend Check?
- Unwaivered Health Insurance
- Tuition Refund Insurance
- Parking permits
- Missed tutoring appointments
What should I do if I have extra charges?
- You can view your bill on the OASIS system through the university’s website www.usc.edu.
Who can put a hold on my Stipend Check and for what reason?
- Your academic counselor, the director of SAAS or the Athletic Director can put a hold on your stipend check for any reason deemed necessary.
- Missed tutoring appointments (a $10 charge for each) must be paid prior to the stipend being released.
- All debts must be settled before the stipend is released.
- Any unsettled class scheduling issues may warrant a hold on the stipend.
Please note: No collateral will be accepted.
Where and when do I receive my Stipend Check?
- You may pick up your stipend check at the Student-Athlete Academic Center between the hours of 9 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday.
- Stipends are available on the 26th of every month. If the 26th falls on a Saturday or Sunday, the checks will be available the Friday before.
- Fall Stipends – 4 stipends; August 26th, September 26th, October 26th, November 26th (no stipend in December).
- Spring Stipends – 5 stipends; first day of the semester in January, January 26th, February 26th, March 26th, April 26th.