Personal Development strives to foster and sustain an environment of inclusiveness that empowers us all to achieve our highest potential. SAAS is cognizant of and embraces the ideology of acceptance regardless of beliefs, background, sexual orientation, disability, socio economic status, race, or ethnicity. Personal Development is committed to educating and providing dynamic speakers to address pertinent topics as it relates to inclusion and internalizing the idea of diversity. Programming includes and is not limited to: Professional speakers as part of our POWER Programs series, as well as collaborative programs with the USC Counseling Center, the LGBT Resource Center and other cultural centers on campus. The USC Athletics Culture Committee is comprised of Student-Athletes, Coaches and Staff Members who meet throughout the year to assess the climate within the department and determine if any additional programming. They address “hot topics” both within the USC Athletic Department and current events happening around the country.
All Trojan student-athletes, coaches and staff abide by the Trojan Family Code:
The Trojan Family Code
As a TROJAN, I will always do WHAT IS RIGHT! I will act ethically, honestly, and fairly, and respect the rights and dignity of all people, at all times.
As a TROJAN,
- I will not lie, cheat, or steal.
- I will not bully, haze, mistreat, harm or take unfair advantage of anyone.
- I will not harass anyone about their race, ethnicity, religion, physical condition or sexual orientation.
- I will not take sexual advantage of anyone, by any means or manner (including alcohol, drugs, force or coercion).
- I will not drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs, nor will I get in the vehicle of an impaired driver.
- I will not stand by and allow a Trojan to ignore the Trojan Family Code.
I WILL always protect the TROJAN Family and . . .
- DO what is RIGHT.
- STOP what is WRONG.
- TEACH fellow Trojans to follow the Trojan Family Code and RESPECT the Trojan Family.
- Responsibly REPORT any unethical, dishonest, disrespectful or wrongful behavior.
DOING THE RIGHT THING ISN’T ALWAYS EASY,
BUT IT’S ALWAYS RIGHT.