Are You Encountering Academic Challenges?
For student-athletes who are experiencing severe struggles in their academics, or believe they have a disability, please refer to the following:
- If you are noticing symptoms that lead you to believe you may have a disability and are interested in getting screened and/or assessed, please contact Mimi Butler or you can go directly to Disability Services & Programs firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance
- If you received accommodations in school due to a learning difference or disability prior to attending USC, please submit documentation verifying this (504 Plan, IEP-Individualized Education Plan, letter from your doctor, psycho-educational assessment, previous accommodation letter, etc.) to Kevin Bolen
- After you have gathered the appropriate documentation and are ready to register with Disability Services & Programs (DSP), please visit the DSP Website
- Click on the “Student Log-In” link
- Log in using your USC Log-in/Password
- Complete the on-line profile and be sure to request accommodations for the appropriate semester
- If you are a student-athlete who is taking MEDICATION for ADHD and has proper documentation to support this, please refer to the ADHD Policy & Procedures, then immediately speak with your Athletic Trainer AND Kevin Bolen
- If you are in need of or have questions about ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY (apps, software programs, computer based tools, etc.), please contact Kevin Bolen
- If you have a TEMPORARY CONDITION (injury) and need accommodations because of this, please contact Kevin Bolen
- If you have a disability and DSP has approved for you to take exams with accommodations in their office, please download the form “Request for Proctoring Services.” For every exam you have, this form will need to be submitted. Take the form to your professor to complete it and then return the form to DSP two weeks prior to the exam date.